The World Ends With You

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

The World Ends With You

Post by Aplsos »

Seriously, if you have a DS, go get this right fucking now. It's easily the best action-rpg I've played on the system (Dawn of Sorrow included.) The combat's great once you get the hang of it, testing out new attack pins and discovering the awesome ones is fun, and the soundtrack is catchy as hell. It even manages to make grinding for EXP and items enjoyable by allowing you to increase enemies' drop rates and string groups of enemies together into one long battle. Taking a cue from Earthbound and having numerous battle themes also helps.

The only thing I like more than when a game I was hoping to be good turns out great, is when a game I was expecting to be terrible winds up being fantastic.
r
Farm
my power level is enormous

Post by Farm »

this game has terrible art direction and a terrible story the game is about a bunch of emo teenagers

so buy it if you liked persona 3 i guess (lol)
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

farm hates everything

i heard good things about this from reliable sources, too bad i don't have a ds
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i want dragon quest 9 ported to wii, but that's probably not going to happen so i guess i'll be getting a DS soon. I generally can stand handhelds, sitting hunched over staring at a tiny screen has never really been a positive game experience for me, which is why emulation is the bomb. too bad DS emulation will suck (or probably does suck if it has already happened)

farm i forgot your old name from ages past...
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i think he was master tonberry...

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

ah yes, having flashbacks now. I remember being forced to stare at fish cause a picture was posted in the news.

anyhow, what was this thread about? oh yeah an emo rpg. i want to play persona 3. the first one was good (and at least the physical copy is worth at least 80 bucks even without the manual) it's the most expensive game I own.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i think emo and rpg's go well together, i mean who could forget nihilistmatt and his weird ff8 obsession

Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

That pretty much ruined FF8 for me

Which was a shame, because it was the first game in the series that I played and so I liked it
Farm

Post by Farm »

Commodore wrote:ah yes, having flashbacks now. I remember being forced to stare at fish cause a picture was posted in the news.

anyhow, what was this thread about? oh yeah an emo rpg. i want to play persona 3. the first one was good (and at least the physical copy is worth at least 80 bucks even without the manual) it's the most expensive game I own.
dont get me wrong man, persona 1 and 2 were both fucking awesome, but 3 suffers from the same crap as the world ends with you and final fantasy 8, awesome rpg system totally ruined by a craptastic story
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

man, don't compare the world ends with you to final fantasy 8. that is a) basically an insult, and b) you're retarded.

i was going to link to the 1up review in my first post, but it was down - it pretty much mirrors my thoughts on the game 100%. and if farm thinks the story sucks, he either hasn't actually played the game, or he's retarded (see point b, above)
r
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i don't know where the "terrible art direction" comment comes from, i think the graphics are pretty cool judging from the screenshots (despite the usual problems of reproducing ds graphics on pc monitors)

Scribbit
is keeping the new avatar, thanks.

Post by Scribbit »

I prefer handhelds to consoles because I can play them when I'm waiting for something else. If ZZT was on a handheld I'd play it constantly, which is why I need to save up for a DS and homebrew pack.
I'm nupanick.
Farm

Post by Farm »

Zenith Nadir wrote:i don't know where the "terrible art direction" comment comes from, i think the graphics are pretty cool judging from the screenshots (despite the usual problems of reproducing ds graphics on pc monitors)
A DOZEN BELTS + POCKETS + ZIPPERS and WRISTBANDS ON ONE ARM BUT NOT THE OTHER

the sad thing is nomura is a decent artist except he feels the need to appeal to the SCENESTER crowd

plus there's the shitty jpop soundtrack
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

except the soundtrack is mostly rock and hip-hop, and also it rules.

i know you're trying to look SO JADED AND COOL ON THE INTERNET by hating something without actually playing it, farm, but you aren't fooling anyone. just give it up.
r
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Farm wrote:A DOZEN BELTS + POCKETS + ZIPPERS and WRISTBANDS ON ONE ARM BUT NOT THE OTHER

the sad thing is nomura is a decent artist except he feels the need to appeal to the SCENESTER crowd
it's appropriate for the "electric district" setting, therefore it's fine by me

i mean i'm as tired as anyone of the standard "anorexic japanese kids with outlandish clothes and spiky hair" school of rpg graphics, but i really think they work fine in their context