The World Ends With You

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

update, i bought more games:

god hand is the kind of game you feel more badass simply by owning. it has a nice vibe to it, like fist of the north star by way of a seedy middle american carnival. i went looking for reviews of it and apparently ign hates it? ign can go to hell though, how they can give this 4/10 while singing the praises of god of war is a mystery only answerable by brain damage or bribery. (god of war rules btw, i'm saying GoW and GH are pretty similar)

alien hominid is grand but ultimately it is no metal slug. i'll still have a lot of fun with it, though

vib ribbon is exactly what i expected it to be. playing it reminds me exactly why i hated ps1 games though, everything is grainy which is an achievement for a game which is basically wiggly white lines on a black background and little else. (i had similar complaints about ocarina of time too, i just straight up hate that gaming generation's graphics)

after thinking about it i decided to give metal gear solid a chance, so i picked twin snakes up on ebay for £5. if i don't like it, hey, at least i didn't spend too much to find out. also apparently subsistence is basically snake eater with some new stuff? i don't really want to pay £50 for a special edition (pal version is retardedly expensive) so i'll just go with snake eater, which is actually affordable.

gta: san andreas is a horrible horrible time sink and i love it, but i also hate it for eating my sundays.

i've decided to give jrpgs a wide berth for the time being, i don't really have the time for those AND all the other shit i want to play. i'd like to give persona 3 a spin though.

pending through the mail: ico, we love katamari, global defence force, metal gear solid 2
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Microwave
hi

Post by Microwave »

Oh did you want PS1 suggestions too? Suikoden, Final Fantasy VII and VIII, Skullmonkeys, Tomba!, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Resident Evil 2, Tobal No. 1, Soul Blade, Clock Tower, Mega Man Legends, those are some good games that I have.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i guess I'd have to give ico a solid recommendation, though I think prince of persia sands of time does both the puzzle platforming and fighting a hell of a lot better. of course I'd played the PC prince of persia not the PS version but other than controls I don't think there's any difference.

Ico felt short to me, and yes some of the scenery is pretty impressive looking, but there was little depth to the fighting and the last fight was a tad underwhelming. Still, don't take this to mean I didn't enjoy the game, there are some fairly exicting moments, the ending is pretty satisfying. And the story, most of which is implied, is good.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

the opinions on the twin snakes are pretty mixed, but most of the people who hated it played the playstation version first. i haven't touched it, so i can't say either way.

mgs2 has its moments, but the area you spend most of the game in is largely uninteresting. the final chapter of the game is fantastic, though, and the second-to-last boss is on par with god hand for making you feel like an immense badass once you get the hang of it.

the reason why mgs3: subsistence is so much better than the original version is because you spend a lot of time in the jungle, and you don't have the perfect radar of the previous games, so the classic top-down view doesn't work at all. if you get snake eater, prepare to be entering first person view constantly just to look around.

also, i'm not sure judging metal gear solid 3 by the previous two games isn't a great idea, it blows them completely out of the water in pretty much every way. i'd compare it to resident evil 4 in that regard.
r
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

fair enough, you have to understand that i'm wary of mgs because everyone waxes lyrical about the plot, which is apparently really dense and weird? i don't much want to miss out or get annoyed at some obscure detail which was mentioned in one of the previous games, which is why i'm going for mgs2 first (if i like it i'll pick up mgs1, i would start there but, again, ugh, ps1 graphics).

and don't get me wrong, i'd like to get the "better" version of mgs3 but there is just NO FUCKING WAY i'm spending that much cash on it! i'll just have to suck it up, i guess.

lemmer1800000000000000000
fggggggetytg385

Post by lemmer1800000000000000000 »

Zenith Nadir wrote:fair enough, you have to understand that i'm wary of mgs because everyone waxes lyrical about the plot, which is apparently really dense and weird?
no, it's just incredibly stupid. every concept that characters refer to requires half an hour of exposition. it's literally Tiring
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

thanks for clarifying that, i'm sure i'll find out soon enough either way

playing ico right now, game is pretty good, girl is pretty retarded, fortress is just pretty (despite some terrible pixelisation when you zoom in on some parts), digging it

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

finished ico in a weekend, it is short but fantastic, i loved it and will definitely play it through again (i think i found a secret weapon at one point? but then i left it behind which was silly of me)

played more of god hand and alien hominid, i got to some fucked up power rangers in stage 3 of god hand and said "the hell with this", will return to it later

decided to revise my opinion of alien hominid, it gets better the further i go through it. also the SUPER SOVIET MISSILE MASTAR minigame made me laugh more than it should've

just got we love katamari and global defence force through the mail, will report on my findings asap. the manual for katamari is a work of art

forgot to list okami in the "pending through the mail" list in earlier post, but it is.

are the sly raccoon games any good? they look interesting.

:whole:

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

we love katamari RULES, god damn

global defence force is also pretty damn solid, fungahhh's assessment of the 360 sequel is also 100% accurate for the ps2 game. good work, fuongha.

these are my scores:

nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

those are some good scores
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

wait, i think you forgot to post the scores
InfoSponge
Official Clamp School Defender
Location: 1. n. a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Post by InfoSponge »

<3katamari
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

my scores are:

nps
so kawaii! so cute!

New postPosted: 14 Jan 2009 15:04 Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
those are some good scores
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

New postPosted: 14 Jan 2009 15:10 Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
wait, i think you forgot to post the scores
InfoSponge
Ordinery

Location: 1. n. a place of settlement, activity, or residence

New postPosted: 15 Jan 2009 05:42 Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
<3katamari
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Watch this topic for replies

Delete this topic Move this topic Lock this topic Split this topic
Jump to:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You can moderate this forum