The World Ends With You

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

Imagenps
InfoSponge
Official Clamp School Defender
Location: 1. n. a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Post by InfoSponge »

Zenith Nadir wrote:short version: my scores were nps, and infosponge. hEh, Heh.
i am high score ( n_n)b
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

playing mgs2 for now, i'm impressed by how obsessively detailed it is. apparently i started the game as a guy called raiden instead of playing as solid snake and snake is dead? there was a retarded amount of pre-game bumph to read in the "previously" section. game is good but i'm not that good at stealth and am still learning all the different moves my guy can use.

the plot is pretty wacky and there has already been one occasion where i've just gone "ugh, GOD, shut UP already, i GET IT, christfuck" but overall i'm glad i picked it up, so far

also apparently the euro version has more features than the american version (and a free dvd). Suck It, Yanks
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

finished mgs2 last night (i ended up abandoning it for a few weeks in favour of okami), absolutely loved it, definitely getting mgs3 (the original snake eater, i know subsistence has 1st person view but, money, not worth it. also i don't care about online play and i can live without dvd extras).

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i'm so mad right now because i can't beat a boss in silent hill 3! i want to continue playing this game because it's great, but i just can't beat the thing with the knives that just killed my father. boo

this is mostly my own fault for playing on hard mode, not having much shotgun ammo and only one first aid kit. basically i just want to complain, wah :ssj:

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

update because you care: managed to beat it with a silencer on my handgun. now in the fucked up maggot-flesh walled portion of the hospital, wahhhh

Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

maggots!

maggots!
r
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

* Up: 2.63 GB
* Down: 2.33 GB
* Ratio: 1.12
fungahhh
ghettoflower
viovis

Post by ghettoflower »

I really just play a lot of kingdom of loathing, don't have time for other games as much... then i didn't have time for kol so i went in hc mode

I'll call Pinky Street: Kira Kira Dance Night as the best rhythm game out there even though Rhythm Heaven (ds or gba) and Parappa the Rapper 2 come close. Our hip hop hero has to go back to basics and work at a burger shop and sweep the floors cuz somewhere along the line he fell off and has to jump back on.

Psi-Ops, the Mindgate Conspiracy is on the top of my list of favs almost

Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 / New Blood either one is really good, though multiplayer on the wii version is nice. Probably the best the wii has to offer aside from the Godfather or Rune Factory Frontier (and that's not out yet)

Scarface: the world is yours, The Godfather, Gun. DS Version of urbz.. i'll throw down with these time to time.
▒░Vivois▒▓█
-i like elk
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

help help help

i'm really tempted to buy odin sphere, i know aplsos advised against it but i think i want it anyway, it looks like "eternal daughter" except not shitty

i don't care if the gameplay's shallow, i loved god of war and that's also a shallow but pretty fighting game, and apparently the slowdown was fixed in the pal version (this was the main deal breaker for me)

SHOULD I BOTHER?

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

it's pretty, but comparing it to eternal daughter is not very apt. It's not really a platform game despite the side scrolling nature. I got bored of it very quickly and when I sold it to buy valkyrie profile I was much more content. (though the voice acting is awful and special moves were sometimes repetitive, the way the story is told and the general originality of the concept made it worth it.)

I would only recommend buying it if you get it from a place you might be able to return it (i.e not ebay)
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

the problem with odin sphere is that you have to play through the same group of (flat, looping) areas and fight a lot of the same bosses five times with a different character each time, when the only thing that carries over between characters is your list of alchemy and cooking recipies.

it's probably a better idea to just wait and see if vanilla ware's next game turns out better.
r
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I never played it long enough to get to another character. The maps were annoying, and the fighting was too boring to make up for the lack of customisation. Not enough of a RPG and not enough of a fighter.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

okay, i get it, i'll check out valkyrie profile 2 instead

kind of a bummer though, i do like me some pretty graphics

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

this just in: PERSONA 3 FES FUCKING RULES, bit the bullet finally and do not regret it, 17 hours in

thank you for listening to my announcement

:prezbw: