The World Ends With You

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i suck a whole lot, thank you
Last edited by Zenith Nadir on Tue May 19, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

Best word filter ever?

Maybe not, but best one in a while.
fungahhh
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i'm coming to the endgame in persona 3 now, an rpg hasn't made me dread a final boss so effectively since lavos, i'm actually kind of worried about battling nyx. on the other hand i have like four girls on the go right now, this makes up for the anxiety. Heh

if i had more time i would become a huge fag for the shin megami tensei series and buy persona 4 and the digital devil saga games and also the new devil summoner when (if) it gets released in europe, but i do not have this much time and these games are looooooong. oh well, at least i know i have plenty of mileage left in this ps2 yet!

i am also playing psychonauts. it's a good game, but the loading times are obscene and there are some minor design niggles i'm getting too hung up about.

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

hmm, I played psychonauts on the PC so I never had that problem.

I've heard persona 4 is crap, it's like one of those dating sims where you plan your characters day through school or some shit. really you should go for smt:nocturne, that game awesome. Very hard too (it has a difficulty setting, hard mode is what the japanese release was, and easy was added to the overseas release.)

Lavos was a punk (triple tech ad infinutum).
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

well, nocturne is too hardcore for me and i have heard mostly good things about persona 4, you basically just described p3 so whatever. i think i will stick with my previously mentioned smt choices, but i am not going to rush them because these games seriously take like 80 hours each, god damn. also i bought ffxii and i want to give that my attention sometime. i think you said ffxii sucked but i beg to differ by the 2 hours i've played so far, i think we just disagree on these matters. that's okay

(ps. vaan does suck a lot though)

edit: i'm gonna go for digital devil saga before p4, p4 loses points from me because the player characters do NOT summon their powers by repeatedly shooting themselves in the head, this is actually quite disappointing. also it'd be nice to play something different in between two moderately similar games. like i said, no rush, i'm just contemplating it

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

finished persona 3 last night, started a new game + this morning because i liked it that much. i am probably not going to play the "the answer" segment though, everyone seems to dislike it at best and having read up on it i object to it on a narrative level. that's right, i have strong feelings about a plotline in a japanese rpg. i should be shot

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Zenith Nadir wrote: p4 loses points from me because the player characters do NOT summon their powers by repeatedly shooting themselves in the head, this is actually quite disappointing.
it is!

I still think you would like nocturne, especially if you end up liking digital devil saga. The battle system is practically identical, and really there's nothing not "hardcore" about any megaten game, though I suppose it is true that nocturne is faithful to it's old-school roots, going so far as to have a first person mode activated after you beat the game once. (Wizardry was pretty popular in Japan, so we might be able to thank sir-tech for megaten)

FFXII is just not my style.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

yeah, i understand. for me it's nippon ichi that's not my style, nothing about any of their games appeals to me in any way whatsoever, people seem to like them so power to 'em i guess. i am just not in that bracket.

i kind of wish i was playing ffxii now because it is calling out to me, but i guess i'm going to see my second playthrough of persona 3 to the end. i want to see all the social links, well maybe not the "moon" link because it seems to be "being friends with insidious, the virtual simulation game" and i just don't want to go there.

Zaphod

also this is unrelated but have you heard how 3d realms apparently keeled over yesterday? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha this really shouldn't be funny. well, at least now the duke nukem ip is likely to ship to someone who will actually make a game, even if it does suck we can finally close the book on the whole sorry mess

:blazkowicz:

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

also how had i not noticed this before, pasting here because Tim Sweeney:

http://gamingisstupid.com/2009/05/06/th ... y-revival/

"Faster than I can even remember (literally… I don’t remember) I was knocked out of my chair by I *think* of all people Tim Sweeney (it was a wooden kitchen chair) and was pinned on the ground by Mike Wilson and Cliffy B (he’s so much stronger than I ever expected). George walks over to my chair and fucking stomps the shit out of it until the legs are broken off. He casually picks up one of the legs that had split into a shit your pants style point and starts tossing it up and down. Scott and Mark Rein alternate on and off saying that I apparently wasn’t aware how *real* business is done and that if I didn’t want to find out why those two companies had maintained such a strong position in the industry dating back to the shareware days (when it seems people didn’t ask nearly as many questions about why developers appeared, made a game, and then disappeared without a trace)… I had better reconsider my answer."

Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

Zenith Nadir wrote: i want to see all the social links, well maybe not the "moon" link because it seems to be "being friends with insidious, the virtual simulation game" and i just don't want to go there.
I will be sure to avoid the moon link. Thanks for the tip, Nadir! :keen:

...I see what you did to your member rank.
Farm
my power level is enormous

Post by Farm »

oh hey Devil Summoner 2 comes out tomorrow it's probably worth getting, the first one was awesome; plus you get a STUFFED ANIMAL (woo)
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

yeah, that'll be fun to wait a year for

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

verdict: i like ffxii more than any other final fantasy game, i actually think the plot is v. interesting and i like that the characters aren't so patronisingly in-your-face as most other ff games. i think in this case it helps that i honestly do not like final fantasy and xii is pretty different to the rest of the series

the worst thing about it is that VAAN SUCKS X10000, but i decided to make him the damage-absorbing sacrificial character so at least i can put him into mortal peril without guilt. also his dialogue is not so grating if i imagine him as a wacky talking animal sidekick. he serves about as much purpose, guy sucks, even penelo is way better than vaan and she's basically a shoehorned childhood-friend love interest for him. the guy has some kind of aura about him that makes him Fucking Terrible. even the other characters in the game think so and basically just make fun of him the whole time, which is kind of funny. it's like square-enix finally woke up to how ridiculous all those idiots like cloud and tidus were, and vaan is some kind of self-flagellating self-parody.

what i am trying to say is, vaan. that guy, vaan, is terrible. fuck vaan.

game rules though, i'm about 22 hours in and i just gained my first esper

Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

I agree with what you just said.
fungahhh
Microwave
hi

Post by Microwave »

Yeah I got like 10+ hours into FFXII but I really only played it stoned so that plus the way the game plays out I don't remember much about it. I know I stopped in this tomb place where there's a wall that constantly comes at you trying to crush you as you fight it. Haha damn the quality is fucking good in every respect so I'll have to give it a go again.