Welcome to Mario Kart.

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

EvilMario
newcomer

Welcome to Mario Kart.

Post by EvilMario »

Mario Kart Wii is hot, if you can forgive the fact that the computer AI seems to come automatically equipped with all the rarest items you'll almost never see, even in 12th. 150cc is a parade of blue shells, and POW blocks.

That said, I've been enjoying this game quite a bit. It's hilarious that it's tough, and people complain.. but the most common compliant about other Mario Karts (aside from the snaking.. and other broken gameplay aspects) is that the single player is boring and easy. Well, geez, people. We can't have it both ways.

Online is what Brawl should have been, it runs smoother, has a better interface. A channel to load directly from the Wii Menu, to check if friends are on, or to accept invites. All the new courses are fantastic in design as well, and their selection of retro courses is superb.. with the except for Yoshi Falls, which was only popular because it was a snaker's dream course.

Wii Wheel was a lot more enjoyable than I originally anticipated. Yes, I've gone back to using GCN controller, but it was great to see the Wii Wheel actual add a bit of depth to the game. Even though it's a piece of frikkin' plastic.

All the stages look great as well, and the game runs very smoothly.. but at a bit of a price. The character models look like they're directly from the DS Mario Kart, and are not up to par with even Double Dash. There is A LOT going on at once on the screen at most times, and the levels are also complex, so I can forgive this. Especially when looking at how smooth online multiplayer is.

My friendcode is 0173-1699-0599. Add me, or tell me why I'm a Nintendo-fanboy who is over looking the obvious flaws of an old tired franchise.

Cheers!
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Hey, I can forgive simple character models; I still play DOS games and ZZT, after all. I loved MKDS and you make this one sound pretty good, so this will probably be one of the games I check out if I ever get a Wii. Until then, any participation I have in this thread is completely superfluous! :safe: