Frozen Depths

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

phunk
captain champion

Frozen Depths

Post by phunk »

frozen depths is a fantastic, relatively new roguelike game with an arctic theme. it has been eating up a lot of my time lately

it's actually a really good game. it's much less of a commitment than adom or incursion, but has much more depth than rogue and the like.

it's got fifty levels, five bosses, lots of equipment and items, and decent enemy variation. it has no magic system, but has an alright skills system.

it has also scrapped the hunger mechanic, and gone with a body temperature thing. if you get too cold (or hot :(, as i have), you will die. you maintain your body temperature by wearing clothing that suits the dungeon type, eating, and resting.

web site: http://koti.mbnet.fi/frozend/index.php
we're not bad people, we're not dirty, we're not mean, we love everybody, but we do as we please
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

Downloading as we speak. :keen:
Maynard
Advanced Member

Post by Maynard »

ahh something to waste time when i dont want to work, and they have a linux version as well

nice :keen:
I LOST!
20/20 Surgery: Beta Version Available
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Dos the L1 human warrior died on the level 1. He scored 1 points.
He was killed by a snow-covered hedgehog.

It's a roguelike alright.

I killed a monster and went into the next room than a dozen caribou showed up in the room i had just left and they all attacked.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

that's cool.

I found this one recently, haven't given it much time yet, but it looks good.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

dude Dorf Fort was a borderline community fad a few months ago, where were you nigga

i wouldnt really call it a roguelike, the only similarities are the graphics and the caves, but its still a pretty badass freak'n game