<3 Virtual Console

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Stak
Watching you post

<3 Virtual Console

Post by Stak »

Okay so yeah I'm a whore for Nintendo

But virtual console is pretty rad I think

Don't let the fact that I bought both Super Mario Bros and Mario 64 again overshadow this fact

And yeah I know I can get these games for free on the internet but there's just something about being able to play these games on a TV screen with a wireless controller that I love

My purchases include:
Super Mario Bros
Mario 64
Ice Hockey
Gunstar Heroes
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

I've never owned Ice Hockey or Gunstar Heroes, or so much as played Zelda until now

I guess the point of this thread is to make fun of me for (willingly!) spending money on things I can get easily for free
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

apparently the/some virtual console games do not work well with PAL tvs. all slow and what not. i might get a wii somewhere down the track if the price drops, but they should really fix that! or something. if they haven't already, i don't know.
bustaballs
1 full minit uv 1 secend mesiges

Post by bustaballs »

Many people, such as myself, only pirate when either the games, software, movies, etc when they are not easily avalible or when they are horribly overpriced and poor asses like myself can't afford them. Many companies just abandon their games with no reguard to the people who worked hard toward making the game and the people who loved playing the game.

It's very nice to see the classics coming back and I encourage everyone that can afford to do so to buy these classics to support their preservation.
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

There are no problems with PAL TVs. It's just that you get the ol' PAL versions of the games and that entails lower frame rate (50hz vs 60hz) and the famous black borders (a result of the lower hz).

Unless a game originally took the effort of fixing that you'll get the "gimped" version. Me personally, I don't give a shit.

Now, as for my Virtual Console purchases:

Super Mario Bros
Sonic The Hedgehog
Bomberman '93
F-Zero
SimCity

I'm really looking forward to A Link To The Past and Mario Kart 64.
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

can you get ristar

if you can get ristar you should get ristar

also chrono trigger if that is a possibility???????????????????

oh also i have a computer stacked with roms and i didn't pay a bean! A BEAN, I SAY
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

If ristar is the platform game for the Genesis/Megadrive then yes, you can.

Also Square/Enix have said they will support the Virtual Console.
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
mania-[ker]
Im Zamros

Post by mania-[ker] »

i modded my xbox and got every rom for NES, SNES, genesis, mame, and n64

i can play them on my tv with a wireless controller

fu nintendo
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

You know what game would be rad on VC

Earthbound

I'd buy it
Mister Lad
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by Mister Lad »

you know what you should get? drakkhen 2 dragon view my friend said its coming out, and maybe drakkhen 3 is in production as well.
Mister Lad!!!!
<i>Who weares short shorts?
MISTER LAD THATS WHO!</i>
tapeworm
Help computer.

Post by tapeworm »

One Virtual Console game that I recommend, if you've never tried it, is Sin and Punishment. It's a N64 rail shooter that was never released outside of Japan (despite being in English) and doesn't seem to work well in a PC emulator. The controls are a pain at first, but I was able to use scheme 3 successfully with the Classic Controller. There's one part of the game involving aircraft carriers that's just amazing.

Supposedly, Earthbound is also scheduled for Virtual Console release. And Ys I and II (the PC Engine version) will apparently be added tomorrow.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

http://wiibrew.org

Do you have Twilight Princess?

Great never buy any VC game again except for N64 games since the wii n64 emulator sucks ass.

But you can pirate those too.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
tapeworm
Help computer.

Post by tapeworm »

That homebrew stuff looks very interesting. I had heard that it exists, but I hadn't yet read anything about it. I have Twilight Princess for GameCube, though--I just got a Wii a couple weeks ago.

I don't mind buying the few VC games that interest me. I already have just about every NES, SNES, N64, and Turbo Grafx game that I like on their native consoles, and I hook those up when I really feel like playing through an old game again.

I did buy a couple games I already own, though--Air Zonk and Pokemon Puzzle League (the N64 sequel to Tetris Attack).
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i have to second the Sin and Punishment recommendation. fantastic graphics for a n64 game. hard as hell too.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
EvilMario
newcomer

Post by EvilMario »

Ys Book I & II are out on Virtual Console guys. I sure hope you're supporting them, and not bemoaning the fact that Nintendo has been screwing us over on Virtual Console releases since the first of the year. (Nintendo beat me because he love me..)
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

it's not for the VC, and it's coming out on Xbox and PS3 as well, but I am super psyched for Megaman 9
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*