Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation

You're a bunch of Philistines really, aren't you?

Moderator: superbowl shuffle

Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation

Post by Quantum P. »

This apparently hit the internet years ago, but I only heard about it last Tuesday. I'm posting about it here because it's remarkable, and because I'm sure I wasn't the only one who didn't know about it.

In 1981, Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark came out. Some twelve-year-old kids in Mississippi saw it, and they loved it. It became an obsession for them. Then one of them had a brilliant idea: Why don't we get together and remake the movie ourselves? Just completely remake it, scene for scene!

And so, Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation was born.

pictures, information, and such

The video and sound quality aren't terribly high, but given the resources these kids had, it's a top-notch production. They spent 6 years and approximately $5000 on blowing stuff up and setting things on fire, and they did a remarkably good job. They weren't just playing around; they went all-out. They made sets, Nazi costumes, and everything! And to top it off, they found a girl to play the love interest!

My only complaints are that the acting is a bit painful to watch at times, and that they left out the airplane fight scene (logistical issues, not necessary to plot). But still, you have to admire the amount of effort they put into this. It's actually kind of surprising nobody got killed or arrested in the making of the film.

Now the core of their group is going places in the movie business. Relevant moral of the story: you can waste your childhood on pointless stuff and still be a success in life.

It's floating around on YouTube and BitTorrent if you want to watch it. There are a few seeds out there, and any modern BitTorrent client (support for DHT/PEX) ought to be able to get it.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

reminds me of that 8mm star wars movie, but a little better.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

That's one impressive childhood project.
My waste is my weapon.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

didn't some kids adapt "akira" years ago? i'm sure i remember seeing a trailer.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast